TALKING ABOUT DATES LESSON 10

TALKING ABOUT DATES LESSON 10

Farzany
By -
QUESTION AND ANSWER ABOUT DATES
TALKING ABOUT DATES LESSON


Janee : Good morning, John. What's the date today?
John : Today is June first, two thousand fiftteen.
Janee : John, what the date today? Do you have a calendar?
John : Yes. I do, Today is June 1, 2015
Jack : Today is your birthday, isn't it?
Janee : Yes, it is. Today is June first, two thousand fiftteen.
Jack    : When were you born, Janee?
Janee  : I was born on June 2, 1994.
Jack    : What's the date today?
Jully : I don't know the exact date. I don't have a calendar.
Ghani: I was born in a little town not far from here.
Anna: What do you know about the Twenty-first century?
Jack: I don't know anything about that.
Jully: Where were you in April last year?
Jack: I was in the hospital during the month of April.
Jully: Where were you during the month of July?
Jack: I don't remember where i was.
Jully: Where will you be next year at this time?
Jack: I really don't know. Maybe I'll be here.
Jully: Where were you last Saturday?
Jack: I don't remember where I was last Saturday.
Anna: Where you born in a little town not far from here?
Ghani: Yes, I was.
Anna: Where were you last year during the month of April?
Ghani: I honestly don't remember where I was.
Anna : Where was your sister born?
Ghani : She was born on March eleventh, nineteen ninety-nine.


CONVERSATION
A
Janee : Excuse me, John. What’s the date today?
John : I really don’t know. What month is this?
Janee : This is June. But I don’t know what the date is?
Jhon : I believe it’s ninth or tenth of June.
Janee : It must be June 9. What year is this?
Jhon : I know what year it is. This is twenty fifteen.
Janee : Right, So today is June 9, 2015.
Jhon : Isn’t this your birthday?
Janee : No, it is’t. My birthday is twelfth of June.
Jhon : What year were you born in?
Janee : I was born in nineteen ninety-nine.
Jhon : And I was born in nineteen ninety-six.
Janee : What do you want to talk about?
Jhon : Let’s talk about agriculture. What do you know about that?

B
Anna : Where were you last April?
Alay : I was here during the month of April.
Anna : Weren’t you in the hospital for several weeks last year?
Alay : Yes, I was. But that was in July.
Anna : Oh yes, I remember when you were in the hospital
Alay : Do you remember I was in the hospital on your birthday?
Anna : Yes, I remember very well.
Alay : Excuse me, Anna. Can you tell me the correct time?
Anna : No, I can’t. My watch is slow.
Alay : It must be about four thirty.
Anna : What time does the theater open?
Alay : The theater doesn’t open until six thirty
Anna : We’ll be there on time, won’t we?
Alay : Oh yes. We’ll be on time. My family will be on time too

C
Mr. Jack : What is that man over there?
Mrs. Janee : That’s Mr. Abrar, I believe . That’s Ghani’s Father.
Mr. Jack : Oh yes. I know him. His first name is Mohamed
Mrs. Janee : Yes, and his wife’s name is Anna.
Mr. Jack : Where was Mr. Abrar born? Do you know?
Mrs. Janee : Yes. He was born in a small city not far from here.
Mr. Jack : And was his wife born there too?
Mrs. Janee : I don’t think so. I don’t know where his wife was born.
Mr. Jack : What’s the date today?
Mrs. Janee : I don’t have a calendar.
Mrs. Janee : Today is Tuesday. May twenty-third, two toushand fifteen
Mr. Jack : May 23? Oh I have a meeting tonight.
Mrs. Janee : What time does your meeting begin?
Mr. Jack : It ought to begin about eight o’clock
Mrs. Janee : What time is it now? Do you have a correct time?
Mr. Jack : I don’t know, what time it is.
Mrs. Janee : It must be about five o’clock
Mr. Jack : I have to go now. I don’t want to be late.
Mr. Janee : You won’t be late. It’s early.

D
Joana : Today is Monday, May tenth isn’t it?
Jojo : Yes, I think so. It must be Monday.
Joana : I don’t have a calendar, so I don’t know the date.
Jojo : I don’t have a calendar either.
Joana : Where were you born, Jojo?
Jojo : I was born in a little town very near here.
Joana : Were you born in nineteen seventy-nine?
Jojo : Do you remember where you were in April nineteen eighty-eight
Joana : No, I really don’t remember where I was at that time.

E
Dr. Edo : What do you know about engineer, Dr. Ghani?
Dr. Ghani : I don’t know anything about engineer?
Dr. Edo : Well, what do you know about agriculture?
Dr. Ghani : I don’t know about agriculture either.
Dr. Edo : Do you know much about history?
Dr. Ghani : What do you want to know?
Dr. Edo : Something about the twenty-second century. What do you know about that?
Dr. Ghani : Not very much. Let’s talk about everything else.
Tags: